Welcome to the Estport project website
With support of the European Ccommission, ERASMUS+: Sport, Youth and EU Aid Volunteers funds the consortium of six European counties is developing a project called "Development an innovative European Sport Tutorship model for the dual career of athletes" - ESTPORT.
The project has been approved in 2014 call, project number: 557204-EPP-1-2014-1ES-SPO-SCP and respond to one of the three EU general objectives to promote and support the good governance in sport and dual career of athletes.
The main EU policies in the fieldd of sport (White Paper on Sport 2007; Communication on Sport 2011; EU Work Plan for Sport 2011-2014 and the new EU Work Place for Sport 2014+) all set the following prorities in the topic of dual career:
- To provide "dual career" training for young sportman and sportwoman and to provide high quality local training centers to safeguard thier moral, educational and profesional interests (White Paper).
- To ensure that young high-level athletes are offered quality education in parallel to thier sport training as welll as to develop European guidelines on combined sports training and general education (Communication).
- To prepare a proposal for European guidlines on "dual careers" aimed at ensuring that young athletes receive quality education alongside their sport training (EU Work Plan).
Therefore, the specific objective of our ESTPORT project is to develop, transfer and implement an innovative 'EU Sport Tutorship programme' in different European Universities, involving public authorities, sport-related organisations and educational actors, as a key stakeholders to accomplish the EU Guidlines on Dual Careers for Athletes.
The ESTPORT project develop a collaboration synergy in the field of sport for students and professional athletes and establish a network among the universities involved and other parties that are related to the sports development, linking this to a tutorial of the athletes so that they can combine their higher education with professional sports. This project aims at developing a European “Sport Tutorship” model at Universities that will allow high-level students-athletes further develop their dual career across Europe. The ultimate goal is therefore to facilitate, through the Sport Tutorship, the integration of athletes into the University context, by maintaining their sport career performance.
>> The ESTPORT project actions and outcomes are:
- Development of Network groups at regional, national and European level among project partners, related to the project topic “Sport Tutorship” covered by the project. The network will bring together students/athletes, coaches, professors, educational institutions, sport authorities and organizations and other relevant stakeholders. The network will work as a forum for cooperation and exchange of knowledge and good practices;
- Development of a comparative study / analysis of the situation on the academic and sport regulations applied by the Universities to the students/athletes;
- Development of an innovative “Sport Tutorship” programme in the form of a Handbook which will combine methodology, guidelines, recommendations and conclusions;
- Implementation of the Sport Tutorship programme in the participating Universities from Spain, Italy, Malta, Greece and the United Kingdom;
- Validation of the Sport Tutorship programme under the supervision of the project partner Europa Community from the United Kingdom;
- Organisation and development of 4 Workshops on Dual Career issues and on the Sport Tutorship programe. The target audience would range from students-athletes, sport faculties’ staff to public authorities and other sport stakeholders;
- Dissemination of the project actions, outcomes and developed products.
We would like to invite all sport stakeholders in Europe to suport us in the development of our new Sport Tutorship Programme for Athletes - ESTPORT!
Please browse our website to follow this project activities and share with us your experience and good practices.